Doing Business

Ellensburg business licensing

Since November 30, 2017, all permanent business licensing applications are being processed online. To comply with HB2005, a city is required to partner with a provider to have business licenses issued and renewed. The City’s business licensing partner is Washington State Business Licensing Service (BLS). For more information on City requirements or the BLS system, visit the following City of Ellensburg Business License webpage. If you aren't sure what type of license is needed, you can find that information by using the Business Licensing Wizard on the Department of Revenue Site.

New and renewing businesses who do business or are located in Ellensburg are required to have a business license. 

For more information contact Washington State Business Licensing Service or call 1-360-705-6741

Ellensburg Finance Department/City Clerk  509-925-8614

Food Trucks are required to complete an application and additional information before a business license can be approved. The application packet (PDF) also includes requirements from the Fire Department and Public Health Department. Please contact the City Clerk's office if you would like a hard copy of the application packet sent to you by mail. Vendedor ambulante de comida en español (PDF).

Ellensburg temporary business license – includes any person who engages in business for less than 90  consecutive days within any 12-month period selling and delivering  goods, wares and merchandise and who in furtherance of such purpose, hires, leases or occupies any building, structure, parking lot or area, motor vehicle, tent, railroad boxcar, public room in hotels, motels, lodging houses, apartments, shops, or other fixed location for the exhibition and sale of such goods, wares, and merchandise.

Ellensburg temporary business licenses are applied for through the City Clerk's office, not through the State’s DOR system.

Are you inquiring whether a business has a current city business license? You can view the list of businesses with current licenses. This list will be updated quarterly and if you need more information, please contact the City Clerk's office.