Stay Safe Around Downed Lines
If you see a downed power line, call our office immediately at 509-962-7124 or call 9-1-1.
- Never touch a downed power line.
- Stay at least 200 feet away from any downed power line. The ground may be energized, making it very dangerous.
- Never touch trees, limbs, fences, vehicles or any other items that are touching power lines. They can be just as dangerous as the power line itself.
- Do not drive on or over a downed power line, or under a line that is sagging over a road.
- If a downed power line falls on your vehicle, stay in the vehicle. Do not get out unless the vehicle is on fire!
Note: If you have to get out of the vehicle, try to do so without touching the vehicle and the ground at the same time. Jump from the vehicle, landing with your feet together on the ground. Shuffle or hop from the vehicle until you are at least 50 feet away; if you walk or run, your legs may bridge current from areas of high and low voltage, resulting in electric shock.